Sunday, March 22, 2009

Scotland

Wow, I didn't realize that I know a ton about Scotland (but just didn't have it in the 'active' part of my brain):

*Dogs: Scotties, West Highland Terriers, Border Collies, Cairn Terriers

*Cows: Cattle: Highland, Angus

*Clothing: Cloth: Argyle, Paisley, Harris Tweed, Tartan.

History:
*The Tudors, spec. James I who took over after Elizabeth died in 1603
*Mary, Queen of Scots
*Falkirk
*Stirling/Stirling Castle

Places to see:
*The Shetland Islands. Shetland ponies! How could I have forgotten about them! They're so cute! Oh, and Shetland Island sweaters!
*The Isle of Skye
*The Hebrides. As in, "Hebrides Suite," which I played at band camp in middle school!
*The Orkneys
*Invernessshire
*St. Andrews' Cathedral
*Perth. When did they set out for Australia?
*Banff. When did they set out for Canada?
*Macduff. I feel like they should act out MacBeth several times a year.

No comments: