Friday, March 20, 2009

Music post

Ok, so my blog name is HumanitiesGirl and I have a tons of interests in the field, and that includes music. Though I'm American, I don't listen to much US music. I mean, yes, it's nice to chill out to the Beach Boys or Oldies, but the majority of music I listen to comes from overseas:
Thanks to a good friend in Finland, she's gotten me hooked on Finnish rock! Though I can't understand it, I don't really care. It doesn't bother me that I can't understand the majority of songs by foreign artists I like. Personally, I think it's about the experience of it all.
So, this Finnish group, if you're wondering, is called Uniklubi. Their newest album is "Syvään valoon." I'm also a fan of Welsh reggae. Yes, you read that correctly. Welsh reggae. You can check them out on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/yrannioddefol
Their song "Machlud" seems like the perfect summer anthem! Let's see, who do I listen to a lot?...
Uniklubi
Yr Annioddefol
Elin Kåven
Racoon
Revolverheld
Dixebra
Natasha Bedingfield
Paolo Meneguzzi


I also browse Nòs Ùr, Liet-Lavlut, and Eurovision for new music ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe Uniklubi. :D I should send you some new bands that you may like. But I agree.. I may not know everything they are saying.. it's still great!