Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Shabbos #1 at New Shul

Note: As I write this, I'm all moved into my apartment. This post goes back a few weeks, to the first time I went to my new shul.

After exchanging pleasantries with an older man, who's a native speaker of an uncommon language I've studied for 4 1/2 years, he introduces me to his male friend who's older than he is.

This friend starts his conversation with me as follows (I kid you not):

"Hi. I'm single. Would you want to meet up sometime?"

o_O

To clarify even further, this man is older than my father, and has white hair.

I'm shocked, and don't even know how to begin my response. But I vaguely remember looking down, and softly saying no.

I admit, I could have been a bit more polite, I was just shocked. I mean, what 27 year old expects to be asked out by a man older than her father? And at shul, no less?

No comments: