Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wedding Woes

So, I received my wedding invitation Friday afternoon. It's a secular wedding, so that's the first difference. 2.) It's in Las Vegas in August. My dilemma is making it there due to financial constraints. I would *love* to go to the wedding, I'd get to see my friend (the groom), plus my other friends I haven't seen in 4 to 5 years. I even asked a friend to go with me, and he's excited about it too!

Of course, then there's the frustration of what to wear. As I discovered upon opening the invitation, it will be the Ancient Egyptian theme. Yes, the envelope and all included paperwork were of a shimmery gold, and nside the invitation itself was a slip of papyrus. After reading the invitation, saw that the ceremony is be around midday, with a reception to follow.

Hmm, a Las Vegas morning wedding in August? What am I going to wear?

Before I got the invitation I was already on top-of-things, googling "summer wedding" and "summer wedding attire." However, "summer morning theme wedding" didn't help at all, so I'm going with my original idea of a floor-length, A-line, grey silk skirt [which I happen to have in my closet right now :-)] and some sort of dressy top. Now it's summer time which means that most department stores are going to stock skimpy tops and the like which will do nothing for me for this wedding.

Then there's the money factor. As much as I want go, I have to think about how much it's going to cost. Las Vegas isn't that far from my hometown, so I could technically drive up with my sister or something, for that weekend. I'll be home anyhow, so...I guess just wait and see what will work.

However, if I end up going, I will need an appropriate top to go with the skirt. I'm thinking a dressy shell, or boatneck top either with sleeves or can be tznius'd up. Or I could do a dressy V-neck with something under it, but I don't want to look frumpy either. I want to look and dress my age, but still dress appropriately without showing a ton of skin.

Decisions, decisions....

No comments: