Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back at school

Well, the 2 weeks at home were a bit rough. Jewish drama+family drama (*because* of the Jewish drama) were more than enough to deal with. I told a friend--well, someone I know from school--about said drama and I should have re-worded it a different way. -sigh-

But I'm back at school now. While at home, I found out I have in-state residency for next year, so tuition will be lower for me. :-) I signed up for my classes, but am a bit concerned because I'm the only person enrolled for them. I know it's almost July, and that classes start in September, but still. If they cancel my classes, I have to get *more* signatures, run paperwork around and then be allowed to sign up online. oh boy...just hope they don't get cancelled.

I got a letter from school on Friday, saying that my residency status needs to be verified. I need to give them a copy of my license, plus a copy of my '07 tax returns, and proof I filed them. That will take ahile since I sent them to my dad on the other side of the country!

I also need to find my insurance card. I had to go to the hospital for stitches last week. Unpacking my suitcase I cut my hand on a piece of glass from the picture frame packed in my suitcase. I went to visit my parents and brought the photo with me, but on the way back it must have broken in transit. I went to the hospital with Rabbi X since I was staying with her and we got back from the hospital about 2 hours later. I now have 5 stitches in my hand. I have to keep it dry and will be able to get them out this coming week. I haven't been able to use the hand at all, so writing and at work especially, has been a bit difficult. When I was younger, I was able to write with my lefthand, except everything I wrote would be backwards--to read it legibly, you needed to hold it up to a mirror!--at the hospital, I told them before I wrote it that it might not be legible, and my signature was atrocious! Writing with my non-dominant hand takes me back to elementary school. Yes, it's that bad. But I'm looking forward to my stitches being removed, and am excited for the rest of the summer!

No comments: